Subject: compiling cvs emacs fails
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Schmitz <martin-schmitz@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/17/2004 19:24:32
Hi @all,

I would like to use the latest emacs from cvs on my NetBSD-1.6.2 box,
but whatever I try it fails to build correctly. I tried both make and
gmake bootstrap but I get thousands of warnings like

filename.c:[...]alignment of `Ssearch_backward' is greater than
  maximumobject file alignment. Using 4.
filename.c:[...]alignment of `Ssearch_forward' is greater than
  maximum object file alignment. Using 4.
filename.c:[...]alignment of `Sword_search_backward' is greater than
  maximum object file alignment. Using 4.
filename.c:[...]alignment of `Sword_search_forward' is greater than
  maximum object file alignment. Using 4.
filename.c:[...]alignment of `Sre_search_backward' is greater than
  maximum object file alignment. Using 4.

The build process finally finishes with

./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
gmake[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Abort trap (core dumped)

Does anyone have got an idea what's going wrong here?

Martin