Subject: Re: Linker problems
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: None <flo@cfdisk.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/2004 21:15:22
Quoting Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>:

> flo@cfdisk.org wrote:
>
> > I changed the following variable in /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk
> >
> > LDFLAGS?=

> > LDFLAGS?=       -mabi=64
> >
> > if this doesn't work, try:
> >
> > LDFLAGS?=       -mabi=64 -Wl,-64 (I think its overpowered)
>
> That really shouldn't be necessary.
>
> You said you didn't make any changes to /etc/mk.conf, so that should
> just contain the defaults, right?  What does /etc/compiler.defaults look
> like on your system?  Do you happen to have SGI_ABI set in your
> environment?  Oh, hey, wait a second, "-mabi=64" is a gcc-flag.  So you
> are using gcc as the default compiler, not the MIPSPro compilers?
>
> Also, you said you were using a binary bootrstrap kit from last year.
> I'm not sure if this would make a difference, but you might want to try
> to bootstrap yourself or use the latest binary bootstrap kit available
> from the website.
>
> -Jan
>
> --
> "Ford," he said, "you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

Hi again

I use gcc3.3 from freeware.sgi.com and yes, i didn't made changes to
/etc/mk.conf... At least i edited the sys.mk directly.
I think, I could add a LDFLAGS+= _my_options_ to /etc/mk.conf, but i haven't
tried this yet.

My /etc/compiler.defaults looks as follows:
-DEFAULT:abi=n32:isa=mips4:proc=r10k
Yesterday, I tried with:
-DEFAULT:abi=64:isa=mips4:proc=r12k

I guess /etc/compiler.defaults is used by cc (original SGI MIPSPro Compiler)
only?

I haven't set SGI_ABI, btw its overwritten, because i use bash.

At this moment, OpenSSL still failed to build with all my options, i will try
with the original CSH environment now :(

Flo