Subject: Re: Linker problems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/2004 14:58:14
--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

flo@cfdisk.org wrote:
=20
> I changed the following variable in /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk
>=20
> LDFLAGS?=3D
>=20
>=20
> LDFLAGS?=3D       -mabi=3D64
>=20
> if this doesn't work, try:
>=20
> LDFLAGS?=3D       -mabi=3D64 -Wl,-64 (I think its overpowered)

That really shouldn't be necessary.

You said you didn't make any changes to /etc/mk.conf, so that should
just contain the defaults, right?  What does /etc/compiler.defaults look
like on your system?  Do you happen to have SGI_ABI set in your
environment?  Oh, hey, wait a second, "-mabi=3D64" is a gcc-flag.  So you
are using gcc as the default compiler, not the MIPSPro compilers?

Also, you said you were using a binary bootrstrap kit from last year.
I'm not sure if this would make a difference, but you might want to try
to bootstrap yourself or use the latest binary bootstrap kit available
from the website.

-Jan

--=20
"Ford," he said, "you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm--