Subject: Re: Linker problems
To: None <flo@cfdisk.org>
From: None <flo@cfdisk.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/2004 20:19:49
Quoting Flo <flo@cfdisk.org>:

> Jan Schaumann wrote:
>
> >Flo <flo@cfdisk.org> wrote:
> >

> >>I?m using pkgsrc on IRIX 6.5.20 and have problems to build 64-bit software.
> >>The system tries to link to 64-bit objects with the 32-bit linker.
> >>
> >>For example, the linker returns things like this:
> >>ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting 32-bit objects: libcrypto.a is 64-bit.
> >>

> >Which package does this occur with?  I've seen the problem only when
> >linking X11 libraries on IRIX64, and I'm currently testing a fix for
> >this, which I hope to be able to commit by the end of the week.
> >
> >-Jan
> >

> It was OpenSSL, bzip2, btw. all stuff that creates his own libraries and
> tries to link them during the build (on my mashine)
> My *.mk files and /etc/mk.conf. are untouched.
> I still use this pkgsrc package:
> bootstrap-pkgsrc-IRIX64-6.5-mips-20031126.tar.gz
>
> I will try to change the LD variable in sys.mk to point to the 64-bit
> linker.
>
> Flo

I hope its solved...

I changed the following variable in /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk

LDFLAGS?=

LDFLAGS?=       -mabi=64

if this doesn't work, try:

LDFLAGS?=       -mabi=64 -Wl,-64 (I think its overpowered)

Sorry, I'm not a programmer, I don't know if this [workaround] is the clean way
or not, please correct me, but it still works for me.

Flo