Subject: Re: Linker problems
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Flo <flo@cfdisk.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/2004 17:15:43
Jan Schaumann wrote:

>Flo <flo@cfdisk.org> wrote:
>

>>I?m using pkgsrc on IRIX 6.5.20 and have problems to build 64-bit software.
>>The system tries to link to 64-bit objects with the 32-bit linker.
>>
>>For example, the linker returns things like this:
>>ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting 32-bit objects: libcrypto.a is 64-bit.
>>

>Which package does this occur with?  I've seen the problem only when
>linking X11 libraries on IRIX64, and I'm currently testing a fix for
>this, which I hope to be able to commit by the end of the week.
>
>-Jan

It was OpenSSL, bzip2, btw. all stuff that creates his own libraries and
tries to link them during the build (on my mashine)
My *.mk files and /etc/mk.conf. are untouched.
I still use this pkgsrc package:
bootstrap-pkgsrc-IRIX64-6.5-mips-20031126.tar.gz

I will try to change the LD variable in sys.mk to point to the 64-bit
linker.

Flo