Subject: Re: greater/less key
To: None <grifo3000@interfree.it>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/11/2004 13:03:16
On Tue, 11 May 2004 grifo3000@interfree.it wrote:

> i have a litte trouble, that is my greater/less key seems doesnt work
> under my netbsd on the laptop.
> i was forced to modify a file straightly in the kernel sources to map
> the greater/less on keys 12/13, and under XFree86 it obviously doesnt
> work.

When using X, run "xev" and press the greater (>) and less (<) keys to see
what X sees them as.

For example on my box, xev says ">" is keycode 60 and "<" is keycode 59.

Is this on the same keys as comma (,) and period (.) ?

Anyways, use the keycodes found above and try the following (replace 59
and 60 with yours):

 xmodmap -e 'keycode 59 = comma less'

 xmodmap -e 'keycode 60 = period greater'

"xmodmap -pke" is useful to show you your current keycode mappings.

Have fun,

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/