Subject: Re: Problem recompiling lkm
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <roberto@redix.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/11/2004 14:40:24
> That means thos symbols are already present in the kernel.  I'd say that
> size of other symbols didn't change between the kernel and the LKM,
> so you don't get to see any warning.  But the conclusion is the same:
> if_ipl is already compiled in the kernel.
>
> Or, at least, in the /netbsd binary kernel.  Be sure to tell modload to
> use the correct binary.

OK you are right, the symbols are included into my custom kernel (I run nm).

But I've tried the following:
 - reboot with GENERIC kernel (NetBSD-1.6.2);
 - modload -A netbsd.GENERIC /usr/lkm/if_ipl.o;

N.B. if_ipl.o is the original install module;

and the result output are several warning like before.

According to me, the ipf compiled as a module (ipfstat, ipmon etc. do not
work without the module) in the generic kernel, but loading it I've got
the same result as with my custom kernel.

Regards
Roberto