Subject: Re: Problem recompiling lkm
To: None <roberto@redix.it>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/11/2004 10:44:33
On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 10:36:42AM +0200, roberto@redix.it wrote:
[...]
> But the "make load" showsroot@netbsd:/usr/src/sys/lkm/netinet/if_ipl# make
> load
> /sbin/modload  -o if_ipl if_ipl.o
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `ippr_h245_out' changed from 324 to 345 in
> if_ipl.o
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `nat_new' changed from 2495 to 2459 in if_ipl.o
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `ippr_ftp_pasv' changed from 624 to 642 in
> if_ipl.o
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `send_reset' changed from 471 to 491 in if_ipl.o
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `ippr_raudio_in' changed from 930 to 938 in
> if_ipl.o
> ...(output cut!!)
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `countbits' changed from 78 to 90 in if_ipl.o
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `fr_delgroup' changed from 198 to 60 in if_ipl.o
> ld: Warning: size of symbol `aps_free' changed from 406 to 124 in if_ipl.o
> Module loaded as ID 0
>
> At the end the module is loaded: but what about the previous ld warnings?

That means thos symbols are already present in the kernel.  I'd say that
size of other symbols didn't change between the kernel and the LKM, so you
don't get to see any warning.  But the conclusion is the same: if_ipl is
already compiled in the kernel.

Or, at least, in the /netbsd binary kernel.  Be sure to tell modload to use
the correct binary.

Quentin Garnier.