Subject: Re: help!!!
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2004 20:53:32
On Mon, 10 May 2004, "eruam michael" <micky_2111@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know which are the motherboard (name and manufacturer +
> chipset)compatible with Unix netbsd. It is necessary that the card
> network (without giga LAN) and the card sound its are recognized.
> This configuration maybe in AMD ATHLON XP or Intel Pentium IV

http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/hardware.html

Unless you're buy leading-edge hardware, it's a good bet it runs NetBSD.
If you want to be sure that a specific one works before you buy it, post
the technical details here and someone will likely be able to say.

Another trick is to search netbsd.org for the name of the particular thing
you're interested it.  Almost always its implementation (if any) would
have been discussed and documented in the CVS log, in addition to the man
page.

HTH.

--jkl