Subject: dhclient(-script) help
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Amadeus <poff@sixbit.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/06/2004 02:25:42
Hello all,

I have a simple dhcp server and I wanted to try a netbsd client.

I read the documentation page, with it's dhclient.conf example on
netbsd.org.

Now using the example dhclient.conf modified, and stating the
/sbin/dhclient-script the interface is correctrly configured (from
ifconfig) but resolv.conf is not touched, nor are any routes added. The
leases show the gateway and dns servers offered by dhcp.

Then I tried an empty dhclient.conf as suggested in the man page and still
nothing.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I added:

dhclient=YES

in rc.conf

I get the impression the dhclient-script isn't doing anything. But just
running it won't do anything either - one has to call the functgions no?

This all seems a little complicated. Also, is it preferable to use add
route instead of the /etc/mygate file?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Amadeus

 --