Subject: I hope this is the right place...
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Force Adept <visible@noisebox.cypherpunks.to>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/05/2004 17:12:50
	Help!

	So here's what I'm trying to do.  There's a program called Ghost
for Unix (g4u) which is built on top of netbsd 1.6.2

	A floppy image of this program is available for download, as well
as an ISO.  I have successfully booted both of these images from their
respective media.  I am trying to PXE boot the floppy image using bpbatch.
I have managed to get things configured successfully to the point where I
get the "NetBSD/i386 ustarfs Primary Bootstrap" message, but then it tells
me that it cannot open /boot and fails.

	I'm feeling wildly out of my depth, and was hoping to gain some
insight from the more experienced about why the image would boot in one
instance (from the floppy), and not in the other (from bpbatch).

	My purely-wild-speculation-conjecture as to why it's not working
is that when it boots off of the floppy, it looks for the image on the
fd0a device, but when it boots over the network it's not on that device,
and so it fails.  But even if that's the right answer as to why it doesn't
go, I have no idea how to fix it.

	-Ochressandro

--
Ochressandro Rettinger->Reconsider Terran Ghost->Insane Torch Retro Dregs