Subject: Intel D865GBF motherboard & XFree86
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/02/2004 13:59:39
I am leaning toward the purchase of an Intel D865GBF motherboard
with built-in graphics.

Does anybody know for CERTAIN wheter the built-in graphics
on this motherboard are supported under XFree86 as packaged
with NetBSD 1.6.2? It seems to be okay for Linux, but there
are no info

I found this info on the board...

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/index.htm

...and this about the chip set...

http://developer.intel.com/design/chipsets/865G/

...and this about graphics...

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010512.htm#5

So it looks go for Linux. But what about NetBSD?  I am wary
since I once got burnt with the D815EEA2. That board was okay
for Linux, but NetBSD then required some kind of special and
obscure hack which I could not get to work.

By preferece I should like to hear from somebody who themself
has the D865GBF and is using XFree86 without an AGP card jacked
in. Else if shall instead incline toward the D865PERLL and an
AGP to go along with.

Thanks,

Gan