Subject: Re: update application [NetBSD 1.6.2]
To: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
From: Mark Thomas <mark@theswamp.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/02/2004 01:18:58
> So the advantage is that you can just call it by very few
> steps no matter how many dependencies there might be. And if
> you later need to update it you call 'make update' similarly
> and it chugs along (albeit slowly) and takes care of every-
> thing.

Gan, thank you for that informative response. As I said in my original e-
mail I am building from source, i.e. make install clean. I have not had one
problem building any of the packages, which says a lot for the maintainers.
I went back and looked a 'man make' but didn't see anything about 'make
update'.
I am currently downloading the newest pkgsrc. I will then try the 'make
update' on the new src files.

PS I had already bookmarked you site. <g>

--
 _
( ) ASCII ribbon campaign   Mark Thomas