Subject: Re: problem mounting iso images
To: Julian Opificius <julianop@barnlea.com>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/28/2004 19:36:49
On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 12:23:16PM -0600, Julian Opificius wrote:

> But how could I have known to use "vnd0d" and "/dev/vnd0a"? Is this documented
> somewhere?

It's sort of described in man 8 disklabel, essentially on i386 the d
partition represents the entire disk, so that's what you use to vnconfig
(since an iso represents an entire disk).

After that netbsd invents a disklabel for the iso, and assigns partition a as
the size of the first partition on the iso (which is the whole thing).

So you could have used /dev/vnd0d or /dev/vnd0a as far as mount
on an iso is concerned since an iso only has one partition.

Hope that makes sense :-)

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk