Subject: Re: openoffice
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: J. Clifford Dyer <jcd@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/27/2004 21:48:03
On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 06:16:03PM +0100, grifo3000@interfree.it wrote regarding Re: openoffice:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:09:29 +0100
> Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de> wrote:
>
> > openoffice is OOo 0.0.0.641nb1 native for NetBSD,
> > openoffice-linux is 1.xx native for Linux, running on NetBSD via
> > Linuxemulation. I recommend to use the latter, since it is of course
> > newer and there are often snapshots build for Linux by OOo.
> > And I would use precopiled binary packages, compiling OOo is long ant
> > needs some tweaks.
>
> thank you.
> i installed it by package (pkg_add -f) but after setting my $SOFFICE
> shell variable, it exits always with a segmentation fault.
> as the package i loaded was for NetBSD-1.6ZH, and i run a 1.6ZK, i
> would know if installing it from pkgsrc, could give me a running OO.
>
> thank you
> best regards

I've been trying to install OpenOffice as well (openoffice-linux for NetBSD 1.6.2), and I'm having a slightly different problem with the setup script.  I set the SOFFICE variable (to ~/.openoffice, but I get the same result with the default).  I run soffice, and I get a message that the setup script is running.  It stops after three or four seconds with a message that the file ~/.openoffice/soffice was not found.  A quick check shows that the directory was not created.  The package was a precompiled binary from the packages iso for i386.  I have installed the suse-linux compatability binary package as well.  Do I need to enable that somehow?

Cheers,
Cliff