Subject: Re: openoffice
To: None <grifo3000@interfree.it>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/27/2004 17:09:29
--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

* grifo3000@interfree.it (grifo3000@interfree.it) wrote:
=20
> i need to install openoffice on my system, and i was wondering
> what differencies there are among misc/openoffice-linux and
> misc/openoffice, how is: what version would install the latter?
> and, what are the space and time requirements to install it?

openoffice is OOo 0.0.0.641nb1 native for NetBSD,=20
openoffice-linux is 1.xx native for Linux, running on NetBSD via
Linuxemulation. I recommend to use the latter, since it is of course
newer and there are often snapshots build for Linux by OOo. =20
And I would use precopiled binary packages, compiling OOo is long ant
needs some tweaks.

--=20
Elwood Blues:   Illinois Nazis.=20
Jake Blues:     I hate Illinois Nazis.=20

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ--