Subject: Re: Sendmail Smart Host
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/24/2004 09:53:39
> How do I configure a Smart Host in Sendmail ? (that means that all outgoing
> emails are going to another mailserver)

You can configure a smart host by changing the 'DS' entry in sendmail.cf.
My smart host is called orthanc, so my /etc/mail/sendmail.cf contains the
line:

  DSorthanc

However, it's probably better to generate the sendmail.cf from an mc file
in /usr/share/sendmail/cf:

  copy the netbsd-proto.mc file:
    cp netbsd-proto.mc mydomain.mc
  add the smart host line:
    define(`SMART_HOST', mysmarthost)dnl
  build the cf file with:
    make mydomain.cf
  backup original cf:
    mv /etc/mail/sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.dist
  copy new cf:
    mv mydomain.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.dist
  restart sendmail:
    /etc/rc.d/sendmail restart

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/