Subject: Re: pppoe connection randomly down
To: None <thiesi@NetWorkXXIII.de>
From: J.Lorec <j.lorec@ddcr.biz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/2004 16:15:12
ok,

i removed a nasty ide hard disk (left on this machine because of laziness
but obviously defective) and now about 2 days have passed and I didn't
discover any unrecoverable pppoe disconnection; my longest adsl uptime fo=
such a long time.
"Bad tempered" hard disks seem to really be able to damage pppoe links:
terrifying news!

Thanks for your help, both of you,

NB: there are still some minor annoyances left (noisy line or
misbehaviored ISP? i'll check thme both) but now it does correctly auto
reconnect;

<citation de=3D"Mirko Thiesen">

--
best regards,