Subject: Re: Only One NetBSD Partition Allowed?
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/2004 17:19:01
> That's exactly what I was thinking of doing - but I wasn't sure.  I trust
> that changing the sysid (only) to "...something else (other than 169)" will
> not have undesirable side-effects.  Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Whatever you do, don't change the mbr type on the running system, and then
try to read/write the NetBSD disklabel.  It will get confused and trash
at least one of the filesystems if the labels for the two mbr partitions
are different.

Changing it from the install CD (exit sysinst and use fdisk) is ok.
I think flipping with fdisk is ok.

You can also make your 1.6.1 disklabel include the 1.6.2 root filesystem
(eg as wd0h), and interrupt the boot squence to type 'boot wd0h:'.
If you do that you'll need to change the 1.6.2 /etc/fstab to reference
wd0h (not wd0a).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk