Subject: Only One NetBSD Partition Allowed?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dion van der Grijp <dvdgrijp@mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/2004 18:20:52
Hello,

I just tried installing NetBSD 1.6.2 (i386) on a system that already has
NetBSD 1.6.1 installed.  That is, I have 1.6.1 in one physical partition,
and wanted to use another physical partition for 1.6.2.  However, sysinst
did not like the fact that I had defined more than one partition to be
of type "NetBSD", and suggested I re-edit the partition table.  When I
ignored that and tried to continue, it decided to use one of the two, and
it so happens that it chose the one with 1.6.1 - which I do not want to
lose (before 1.6.2 is running successfully).  So I aborted the installation.

How do I overcome this?  Can there be only one NetBSD partition?  I was
able to install multiple FreeBSDs in different partitions without problems;
the active partition was the one that was operative (which to me makes
sense).

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Dion