Subject: Re: software not available
To: None <polzer02@stud.uni-passau.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/19/2004 08:57:05
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 polzer02@stud.uni-passau.de wrote:

> All of my new X seems to get installed into /usr/X11R6/X11R6,

It automatically adds "X11R6" as you saw, because it is used to install to
/usr/pkg/X11R6.

I forgot. I had made some slight changes to mine (so it did not do that).

> Do you think it is okay to move this to /usr/X11R6 when
> the installation has finished?

That should be fine.

> > I am one of the XFree86 packages maintainers. The new XFree86-4.4.0
> > packages do not have that limitation.
> At what date are they going to be released?

It will be added to official pkgsrc probably on March 27. (That is the day
the pkgsrc freeze is over.)

> I need XFree >= 4.3.0 for Radeon support.

If you want to test the new pkgsrc for XFree86 now let me know. I can make
a tar ball of the pkgsrc/XFree86 directory we are using for testing. (We
are using a private Subversion server which I don't know can be made
public.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/