Subject: Re: software not available
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <polzer02@stud.uni-passau.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/19/2004 13:11:25
Quoting "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>:

> It works for me.
Hm, I'm almost there.

The package for cyrillic fonts searched for mkfontdir in

/usr/X11R6/X11R6/X11R6/X11R6/bin

I had to link /usr/X11R6 to this to get it compiling.
All of my new X seems to get installed into /usr/X11R6/X11R6,
although I haven't changed defaults for X11ROOT, X11PREFIX
or some other variable that could have induced this behavior.

Do you think it is okay to move this to /usr/X11R6 when
the installation has finished?

> I am one of the XFree86 packages maintainers. The new XFree86-4.4.0
> packages do not have that limitation.
At what date are they going to be released?
I need XFree >= 4.3.0 for Radeon support.

by the way, xcomp.tgz from the NetBSD 1.6.1 installation CD
is missing extutil.h. I had to get the one from 1.6.2.
libXss.so is another important file that I don't have
(static library is there, though) and hope to get by
installing XFree86-4.3.0

Leslie