Subject: RE: mount trouble / missing extutil.h / software not available
To: None <polzer02@stud.uni-passau.de>
From: Conrad T. Pino <NetBSD-Current@Pino.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/18/2004 01:52:33
Hi Leslie,

> From: polzer02@stud.uni-passau.de
>
> > It helps to know the full command you're entering and full error
message.

> Sorry, I didn't put it in because I don't think the mistake lies there.
> I used mount_msdos /dev/wd0x /mnt/win to prevent any problems
> that could have been created by a missing or wrong -t switch.

I agree, using "mount_msdos" eliminates the "-t" switch issue.  Providing
the
exact command and exact error messages in all cases allows us to duplicate
the
analysis you've already completed but not explained in the interests of
brevity.

The exact error message is still missing which would help someone grep the
code.
That's something I won't do so don't do it on my account.   If you've
grepped
the code already then let us know that too.

Right now I'm with Manuel.  It's time to see the fdisk and disklabel output.
Please run these commands and send the output:

    fdisk wd0
    disklabel wd0

I repeat "exact" information is most useful in trouble shooting.  In your
example
you cite "/dev/wd0x" but I think it unlikely you have a slice "x".  Editing
information creates confusion and slows everybody down.

Conrad