Subject: TextMaker Word Processor on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/16/2004 23:25:56
Hi:

 I just wanted to say that I got the TextMaker word processor to run on
NetBSD 1.6.2. This is a commercial product and uses Linux emulation, in
NetBSD. A 30 day free trial version is here, at the bottom of the page:

http://www.softmaker.de/tml_en.htm

To get TextMaker to run I did the following:

   1. Installed suse_base-7.3nb4, suse_compat-7.3 and suse_x11-7.3nb2.
   2. unpacked the textmaker tarball in /usr/pkg/emul/linux/opt
   3. Ran textmaker by typing tml  using the absolute path like so:

     $  /usr/pkg/emul/linux/opt/textmaker/tml

TextMaker does a good job on importing and exporting Microsoft word
docs. It also has support for tables and table of contents.
NOTE: I am not connected with this little German company but thought I
would pass this on to NetBSD folks, who wanted another Word Processor
alternative.

                            kind regards,
                             Jonathan