Subject: sshd: fatal error when connecting with ssh.com ssh 3.2.3 client
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <Ingolf.Steinbach@jena-optronik.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/16/2004 12:48:07
Hi,

when I try to set up a ssh connection from a Windows 2000
machine using the ssh.com SSH Secure Shell 3.2.3 client
(Build 279) to a NetBSD/i386 machine running the sshd as
contained in 1.6.2_RC4, I always get the following message
in /var/log/authlog
   fatal: buffer_get: trying to get more bytes 257 than in buffer 39
and the connection is closed immediately.

The behaviour does not seem to depend on
 - the protocol version (I have tried both version 1 and
   version 2)
 - tunneling.

However, when I use password authentication rather than
public key, I can log in. The key used for public key auth
is a 2048 bit dsa key.

Connecting with this key to a SuSE Linux 8.2 box (OpenSSH
3.5p1) works well.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards
    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
ingolf.steinbach@jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147