Subject: Re: mail retrieval
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2004 20:44:02
On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 05:32:46PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, David Laight wrote:
>
> > $ telnet mail.xyz.com pop3
> > user username
> > pass password
> > list
> > top <mail item number> <number of lines>
>
> And to retrieve the entire single message:
>
>  retr <mail item number>

I just couldn't remember that one!

Sometime I get a mail item that locks the connection when fetchmail
tries to retrieve it.  Running fetchmail again fetches all the
messages again, then locks in the same place.
A shell script echoing commands into telnet can be used to clear
the downloaded messages and the one causing the problem.

Oh - I think recent versions of mutt can be configured to read
a pop3 mailbox, but I don't know why - that isn't its job.

You also want to consider using maildrop to distribute mail to
different mailboxes.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk