Subject: 1.6.2 to -current
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ethan A Burns <eaburns@turing.unh.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2004 13:19:00
Hey, maybe a dumb question.
	I installed 1.6.2 on my laptop the other day, and I am very interested in
updating to -current!  I have an idea of how to go about doing this, but please correct me if i'm wrong.

use cvs to get all the current source in /usr/src
then build a kernel with that new source as per the docs on the website.
then do ./build.sh -d after setting mk.conf variables?

from what I've read this should update my kernel and userland...
But i was wondering if it would be cleaner to just completely re-install
netbsd on my computer with a -current iso on a CD?

thanks for any corrections in my process or info on the fresh re-install vs cvs updating my source/building

		--Ethan--