Subject: Re: Howto build xsrc 4.4
To: Claudio M. Camacho <claudiocamacho@vodafone.es>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/11/2004 15:02:33
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Claudio M. Camacho wrote:

> > > 	cd /usr/xsrc/ && make UPDATE=YES build
> > > 	make: no target to make
> > > 	Stopped in /usr/xsrc/local
> >
> > So what is the error from "xmkmf -a" in "/usr/xsrc/local"?
>
> 	First all, xmkmf is not installed on the system, I have to do it
> 	manually going into /usr/xsrc/xfree/xc/config/util/ && make
> 	with an error acomplaining about Xos.h not exists; but anyway
> 	I copy xmkmf from that directory into /usr/X11R6/bin.

I understood you to say, at first, that the servers didn't get
installed. Now I see that nothing at all was installed.

> 	Then, I go into /usr/xsrc/local and I do xmkmf -a and it returns
> 	me a lot of problems about missing dependencies.
>
> 	Ok, so I tried to clean all, I kept the copy of xmkmf in
> 	/usr/X11R6/bin and try to rebuild everything, but the build
> 	process is stopped in xfree/xc/config/util/
> 	directory acomplaining about missing dependencies.
>
> 	Maybe my xsrc is corrupt or I have to reload again the source,
> 	I'll do it and I'll feedback here, thanks very much.

So you're bootstrapping XF 4 on a system with no X installed at all?
That's not commonly done, so there may be issues with that. Try the
reachover build, in "/usr/src/x11", or with "./build.sh -x ...".

Frederick