Subject: Re: mplayer and pkgsrc
To: None <awfabian@earthlink.net>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/11/2004 11:35:25
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:57:33 -0600
awfabian@earthlink.net wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out how to configure mplayer within the pkgsrc
> framework and haven't had much luck.  How can I at least specify what
> processor I'd like to compile for?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

I'm not even remotely the most knowledgeable person on pkgsrc, but here
goes...

Try add

MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPU_DETECTION=NO

to /etc/mk.conf and the build should detect your processor at compile time.
The configurable options for the different packages are mostly in

/usr/pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk

and can be overridden in /etc/mk.conf.

If there is some other flag you want to set, look at the package Makefile.
For instance, before I knew about  bsd.pkg.defaults.mk, I used to add stuff
like

.if exists(/httpd/cybercash)
PHP4_CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-curl=/usr/pkg
.endif

or

.if defined(DISTNAME) && ${DISTNAME:Mteapop-*} != ""
CONFIGURE_ARGS+="--with-drac=/usr/pkg/lib"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+="--with-dracinc=/usr/pkg/include/"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+="--with-lock=dotlock,lockf,flock"
.endif

to my /etc/mk.conf all the time. Stuff like that is still useful in rare
circumstances.

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing