Subject: RE: xdm problem
To: None <oha@simnet.is, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Budd <budd_iq80321@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/10/2004 16:09:06
I submitted a bug report
(http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=24722) earlier this
week on something very similar; it might be related to what you are seeing.

My work around is to set the default shell back to /bin/csh using the
"chpass" command.

Hope this helps,
Chris.

>From: oha@simnet.is
>To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org
>Subject: xdm problem
>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:21:01 +0000
>
>Hello.
>
>I installed NetBSD 1.6.2 and was going to use xdm at boot. However, when I
>log in via xdm, it just restarts (xdm), even if I log in as root. I have no
>problem logging in through console and startx works perfectly. I also tried
>kdm and the same thing happens. It is a fresh installation (XFree86 4.3.0)
>and only with added kde 3.2.
>
>Thanks,
>  Olafur Haukur Arnason

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx