Subject: Re: libexec
To: Madhvesh R S <madhvesh.s@ap.sony.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/06/2004 16:12:44
On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 06:14:11PM +0530, Madhvesh R S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am referring the NetBSD-v1.6
> I want to rebuild only the
> /usr/src/libexec/ld.elf_so folder.
> Can any one tell me how to go about
> this?

cd /usr/src/libexec/ld.elf_so && make USETOOLS=never

> Is this the same library which will be
> picked up during dynamic linking for ELF
> format files? Also i want to use gdb to
> debug the source of dynamic linker for
> statically linked programs which make dlopen
> calls.

I don't think statically linked programs can use dlopen().
This is why -current has switched to a fully dynamic userland.

> To use the library with gdb, while building do
> i need to specify any explicit flags for ld.elf_so folder?

-g, I guess.

> Also after building, how to use this newly created libexec
> library with sample programs to use with gdb source level
> debugging?

I don't think you can easily, you'll probably have to install is in place
of /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>