Subject: Re: NetBSD fdisk/fstab help
To: je <cavebeck@yahoo.com>
From: Alan Horn <ahorn@deorth.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2004 15:29:40
I think typically a NetBSD install only create devices for disks 0 through
to 3.

Looking at /dev/MAKEDEV I think you'll have to make the devices by hand.

Something like :

cd /dev
mknod wd4a b 0 32
mknod wd4b b 0 33
mknod wd4c b 0 34
mknod wd4d b 0 35
mknod wd4e b 0 36
mknod wd4f b 0 37
mknod wd4g b 0 38
mknod wd4h b 0 39
mknod rwd4a c 3 32
mknod rwd4b c 3 33
mknod rwd4c c 3 34
mknod rwd4d c 3 35
mknod rwd4e c 3 36
mknod rwd4f c 3 37
mknod rwd4g c 3 38
mknod rwd4h c 3 39

I'm not sure if these numbers are correct, or if NetBSD has a different
way of handling it, thats just the path I would follow.. it will create
a bunch of file in /dev, called wd4a -> wd4h and rwd4a -> rwd4h

If it doesn't work, you can back it out by removing those files.

Ne careful in dev, you can leave your system in a very unhappy state if you
mess with any device files other than the ones I've just mentioned.

Cheers,

Al