Subject: NetBSD fdisk/fstab help
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: je <cavebeck@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2004 15:08:24
I'm setting up a Via mini-itx server running NetBSD
1.6.2. It has 4 200GB disks (2 on onboard ide, 2 on a
Promise ATA133 card) and a 20 GB system disk (slave on
onboard channel 1). All drives show up in dmesg, but
one of them isn't recognized by fdisk.

wd0  200GB
wd1   20GB (boot disk)
wd2  200GB
wd3  200GB
wd4  200GB <- this one

When I fdisk wd4 I get an error like "rwd4a not
found". I had to remove this disk to install the OS
from CD, so I think maybe something isn't right in the
fstab?

Any help appreciated. These drives are going to be a
raidframe raid5 array. Someday. Hopefully.