Subject: Re: vfprintf errors
To: None <madhvesh.s@ap.sony.com>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2004 23:18:11
On Sunday 04 January 2004 16:15, Madhvesh R S wrote:

> I am building the libc/stdio functions on arm platform
> I am getting the following undefined errors.
>
> Does anybody know why these errors are coming on arm platform?
> Does this mean, NetBSD does not support these functions in the form
> of soft-fp for arm?
>
> Errors:
> (vfprintf.o): In function `vfprintf':
> vfprintf.c:747: undefined reference to `__eqdf2'
> vfprintf.c:775: undefined reference to `__nedf2'
> vfprintf.c:501: undefined reference to `__ltdf2'
> [...]

You're not linking against the softfloat code, which is in
src/lib/libc/softfloat.  This is normally built into the arm
libc, so you shouldn't be seeing this.

> (strtod.o): In function `quorem':
> strtod.c:1856: undefined reference to `__udivsi3'

This is different; you're not linking against quad
support functions.  Again, these are normally built
into the arm libc, so you shouldn't be seeing this.

- Klaus