Subject: Window manager warning: Failed to a open
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Radhika Sambamurti <radhika@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/02/2004 12:05:41
Window manager warning: Failed to a open connection to a session manager, so window positions will not be saved: SESSION_MANAGER environment variable not defined
/usr/pkg/lib/libXft.so.2: Undefined PLT symbol "XRenderQuerySubpixelOrder" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 170)

Hi,
In my previous message, I thought it was my Xserver giving me trouble.
But once in X, I tried starting metacity, the window manager gnome uses and I got the above error.
twm starts without a problem.

I guess Im a bit lost as to how to fix this, X and gnome not being things I know about well.
I did have a problem when starting X, the gconfd-2 process is always at 80% or > when X starts.
Usually I just killed it and then gnome started. But that does not seem to work now.

Thx
Radhika