Subject: ARM fpu error
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Madhvesh R S <madhvesh.s@ap.sony.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/28/2004 22:31:53
Hi,

My question may not be relevent in this list. If some one
knows it would be helpful to me

What is the difference between the following options
while using gcc build for ARM-920t-integrator platform

-msoft-float  -mhard-float

I specified the  -msoft-float option, and tried to compile
one ARM assembly file which includes the floating point registers
instructions (like lfmfd, sfmea), but i get errors like
"this processor does not support this instruction".

Does this mean ARM floating point unit is not activated by default?

To overcome this error, does any one know, any pointers for this?

Thanks in advance
-MS