Subject: Re: Problems with Cyrus
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/2004 14:51:38
Dick Davies wrote:

> I use 2.1X so this may not still apply, but my cyrus reads
> /usr/pkg/etc/sasldb.db directly. I use saslpasswd to edit that file and

Okay, I should have said this but my I authenticate users against system
passwd so I'm using saslauthd. I fixed the authentication problems by
adding "sasl_mech_list: PLAIN" to imapd.conf.

> What do you mean by 'add users'?
> When I create an IMAP user, I use cyradm's 'cm' command and then create
> it a password using saslpasswd. That's it.

I've created nice command-line tools for all these tasks (when I was running
an ISP for 900+ users).

I've now fixed all problems by rewriting the scripts. Maybe I'll add
these to pkgsrc-wip for public review...

Martti