Subject: Re: Problems with Cyrus
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/2004 12:18:26
Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been trying to configure cyrus-imapd22, cyrus-sasl2 and
> cyrus-saslauthd
> to enable only plaintext login without any success. I've been using
> imapd and
> sasl before but after saslauthd was removed from cyrus-sasl I haven't been
> able to make things work anymore, nor can I use my old p5-IMAP-Admin based
> maintenance scripts to add/delete users.
>
> Could someone please show his/her configuration from a real IMAP server?
>
> Martti

Cyrus uses sasl for all auth as far as I know, whether its plaintext or not.

I use 2.1X so this may not still apply, but my cyrus reads
/usr/pkg/etc/sasldb.db directly. I use saslpasswd to edit that file and
it creates digest-md5, cram-md5 and plain passwords in there.

What do you mean by 'add users'?
When I create an IMAP user, I use cyradm's 'cm' command and then create
it a password using saslpasswd. That's it.