Subject: Re: Ensure coming back
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bastiaan Welmers <haasje@welmers.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2004 22:53:54
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:17:17 +0100, Martin Schmitz wrote
> I can't see any reason for a netbsd network server to reboot as long
> as there are no remote exploitable vulnerabilities in the kernel
> itself or a hardware failure occurs.

And even with a kernel update, you can do it with only telnet however it will be tricky.

> So, for the system coming up after power supply failure, you could
> do two things: mount the partions without soft dependencies and set
> fsck_flags in /etc/rc.conf.

Thanks, needed this info.
AFAIK my system already mounts,without soft dependencies, because I never changed the
default mount settings.

/Bastiaan (now looking for fsck_flags settings)