Subject: sendmail.cf
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2004 09:28:53
I have installed -current from a few weeks ago and am trying to
configure sendmail.  Starting with the default sendmail.cf, the rules
seem to rewrite the addrsses properly.  However, the mailer tries to
connect to an unknown host (i.e., localhost.domain.name).

     # mail -v -s "to root" root < /dev/null
     Null message body; hope that's ok
     root... Connecting to localhost.domain.name. via relay...
     root... Deferred: Connection timed out with localhost.domain.name.

Note that the "domain.name" part of the response is fine, but there is
no "localhost" within that domain.

In the past I have always been able to use the default sendmail.cf and
have had no trouble configuring new versions using the m4 macros.  Now
neither works.

I must be missing something in the configuration.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated, as I am not a sendmail wizard.

Cheers,
Brook