Subject: printing using kde to a printer on a windows machine
To: NetBSD help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2004 21:16:33
I have a 1.6.1 laptop with kde 3.2 installed and i want to set it up to print.

This would be fine if the printer was connected to the laptop, instead it is
connected to a machine running windows 2000. I've googled for hours and cant
find any thing (well that i could understand atleast) for this situation.
There is plenty of info on how to print from windows to a printer attached to
a unix box but next to nothing on the reverse.

Do i need to use cups, samba or both (i can view smb shares so im half way
there with samba)?

Can someone point me in the write direction please?

Thanks in advance

Mark