Subject: pppd ip-up help.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Glen Johnson <nelg@rev.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/19/2004 17:52:19
May I request assistance from a happy user of NetBSD?
I have NetBSD running on a i486 with 8MB of ram.  I am impressed that
NetBSD is one of the few OSes that does such a thing.  I currently am able
to dial-up with pppd and get on line.  I can ping, do what ever I like.  I
read that there is a script called ip-up which is "supposed" to
automatically execute once a connection is made.  I seem unable to make
this happen.  I saw in one e-mail that you have to use full path names for
the executables inside the ip-up script, did that.  No such luck.  I made
sure the attribute is set to -rwxr-xr-x and that didn't seem to help
either.  This is my first attempt to every get help like this and I am
looking forward to see the support that is boasted about in various places.
Thanks,
Glen