Subject: Any support for RAID functionality of the Promise PDC20276?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Johan Kruger-Haglert <aliquis@link-net.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/18/2004 19:42:24
Back in the days I used to use NetBSD, but then I got my new machine I
switched to FreeBSD since NetBSD didn't supported the "raid"
functionallity of my onboard Promise 20276 controller. My understanding
is that support wont be added since it's not a real raid controller
anyway and so on, and it works as a regular ATA-controller, is that
still the case? Or might it be supported in current, 1.6.2 or 2.0 then
available? I tried once to solve this by just ignoring the RAID
functionallity (turning it of in bios) but then I thought I might need
Windows some time so I tried to install Windows but it found the
raidcontroller anyway and wanted to use the raid functionallity even
thought I had turned it of :/, so no luck. To bad Microsoft decides what
is best for me :D

--
   ______  __     __  ____  _____  __  _____   Johan Krüger-Haglert
  (___  :\/  \___/  \/    \/  /  \/  \/  ___)  <aliquis@link-net.org>