Subject: Re: cvs problems
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2004 16:39:34
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> If that were true (and it doesn't seem to be), that would be decidedly
> non-intuitive. A careful reading reveals that it doesn't actually
> specify which dominates if the environment variable *is* set, though,
> as I said, the normal unix convention would be to go with the file.
manpage could probably be more specific at this point...

> I mean the offending file. These may all be consequences of your
> interrupted updates. What I would do, is log the next update:
>    cvs -z3 update > /var/tmp/pkgsrc.cvs.log
i tried some updates again and it seems that it really was consequence of the
interrupted updates / different CVS servers used for different directories.
after the "link CVS/Root" patch the update proceeds without any problems, all
error messages disappeared...

thanks very much for lots of valuable information...

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"