Subject: Re: how to build a verbose kernel
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2004 17:35:16
--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

* David Wetzel (dave@turbocat.de) wrote:
> hi folks,
>=20
> on one of the new intel boxes here NetBSD does not even bring up the inst=
all program, I want to build a verbose kernel on a different machine and tr=
y to boot this.
> Is that a good idea? How to do this?
>=20
> The last lines of the boot process are: (typed in manually)
>=20
> npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0-0xff: using exception 16
> isapnp0: no ISA Plug 'n Play devices found
> (machine stops here)

I've done so before to install current on Laptop with these options:

# These options enable verbose messages for several subsystems.
# Warning, these may compile large string tables into the kernel!
options 	EISAVERBOSE	# verbose EISA device autoconfig messages
options 	PCIVERBOSE	# verbose PCI device autoconfig messages
options 	PCI_CONFIG_DUMP	# verbosely dump PCI config space
options 	PNPBIOSVERBOSE	# verbose PnP BIOS messages
options 	PNPBIOSDEBUG	# more fulsome PnP BIOS debugging

Maybe there are some better fitting for you. =20

--=20
Should array indices start at 0 or 1?=20
My compromise of 0.5 was rejected without, I thought, proper consideration.=
=20

Stan Kelly-Bootle

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--