Subject: Re: debugging shared library
To: Madhvesh R S <madhvesh.s@ap.sony.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2004 17:07:49
--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

Re. http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/netbsd-help/2004/02/10/0002.html

Yes, it is possible to debug a shared library at the source level.
I've traced the GLUT library that way (which, unless I completely
misunderstood, was provided as, and used as, a shared library).
(I won't say that I debugged GLUT.  I was seeing a very bizarre
behavior, that only got more bizarre when I watched the variables
change "live".  I eventually gave up on it, since I had caught
wind of a GLUT-replacement library (freeglut), which turns out
to not have that particular bug, and is actively maintained.)

I can't remember if I had to do anything special to make GLUT
traceable, or if it built that way by default from pkgsrc.
I do clearly remember tracing it into its event loop and watching
it grab X events...

--=20

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--