Subject: RAIDframe and bootblocks
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Volz <bradv@affectation.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2004 19:31:18
In a recent attempt to get RAIDframe working in a RAID-1 configuration, I
seem to have somehow fouled up my bootblocks.  The RAID device properly
autoconfigures, and will work fine, as long as I don't try to boot off of
it directly.  Basically, if I use an install floppy or cdrom and then
specify to look for the kernel on wd0 or wd1 then everything boots as it
should.

Is there a way to repair/replace the bootblocks with the RAID
device configured, or am I better off starting over?

In the event that starting over is needed, what is the recommended way of
installing i386 bios bootblocks on -current from ~ 6 Jan 2004 ?  It seems
that whatever I did the last time was a bit off the mark.

Thanks,

Brad