Subject: apm dockapps
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2004 02:36:27
Hello,

Does anyone know of a APM/ACPI dockapp for windowmaker that will compile under
NetBSD?  Most of the ones on dockapps.org seem to be Linux specific.  I'd like to
use this on my laptop, so I can monitor battery life/power.  Is it supported under
NetBSD in the first place?  I have the following in my kernel (dmesg):

acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20031203
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <SONY  ,E0      ,20011206>, AslId < LTP,00000000>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
ACPI Object Type 'Processor' (0x0c) at acpi0 not configured
acpilid0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0D): ACPI Lid Switch
acpibut0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0C): ACPI Power Button
PNP0A03 [PCI Bus] at acpi0 not configured
acpiec0 at acpi0 (PNP0C09): ACPI Embedded Controller
acpiec0: io 0x62,0x66
acpibat0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0A-1): ACPI Battery (Control Method)
acpiacad0 at acpi0 (ACPI0003): ACPI AC Adapter
SNY5001 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0200 [AT DMA Controller] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0000 [AT Interrupt Controller] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0100 [AT Timer] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0B00 [AT Real-Time Clock] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C04 [Math Coprocessor] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0800 [AT-style speaker sound] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0303 [IBM Enhanced (101/102-key, PS/2 mouse support)] at acpi0 not configured
SNY9004 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 [Plug and Play motherboard register resources] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F [PCI interrupt link device] at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0B [ACPI Fan] at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Thermal' (0x0d) at acpi0 not configured

I also have PROCFS enabled and mounted under /proc.  Thanks for any help.

(PS I'm not subscribed to netbsd-help, so off-list replies are appreciated)