Subject: Missing route
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/03/2004 10:10:16
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had seen the following problem.

I've got 2 ISDN TA's on one box (NetBSD 1.5.1). I make a successful dialu=
p=20
with the first using pppd. Now I make a dialup with the second TA (while =
the=20
first is active) and I cannot contact the remote IP address after the dia=
lup=20
is successfully completed. An "ifconfig -a" confirms that the interfaces =
for=20
both dialups (ppp0 and ppp1) are both up, but a "route show" reveals that=
 the=20
route to the remote system for the second dialup via the local IP address=
 for=20
that interface (ppp1) does not exist. (The route setup for ppp0 is presen=
t in=20
the table). Now even more strangely, when I close the first dialup, the r=
oute=20
for the second dialup suddenly appears and I can connect to the remote=20
system. Now if I go and make a dialup on the first TA again, the same thi=
ng=20
happens for that dialup (the route is not present in the table).

Has anyone come across this before, any suggestions?

Thanks
Brad