Subject: Re: sun sparc ultra2 hardware
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Timo Schoeler <ml@macfinity.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/01/2004 00:27:26
hi,

installing netbsd 1.6.1 from a miniroot iso on SPARC and SPARC64 i=20
_always_ run into this -- regardless of the size allocated to / or any=20=

other partition; but after halting and rebooting the system (i.e. into=20=

the first 'real' boot from hd) it seems that it does not harm the=20
system.

maybe it's a SPARC(64) installer bug?

>> hello.
>>
>> I have been trying to install netbsd on my sun sparc
>> ultra2 i can get the base system installed although
>> right at the very end i get the error:-
>>
>> file system full /
>> segmentation fault.
>>
>> the system appers to be intact but im a newb when it
>> comes to bsd.
>
> Your disk ran out of space during install. You might
> want to try only using a / filesystem (no others), or
> get a bigger disk. Or just resizing root to be bigger.
> Or de-select some of the install packages (only
> install the bare minimum, the rest can be installed
> later).
>
> What does intact mean? The install didn't complete...
>
> Andy--

mit vorzueglichster Hochachtung/best regards,

Timo Sch=F6ler